Wednesday, August 5, 2009

What are the requirements 4 opening a checking account?

I'm 16 and I just got hired. I'll need a bank account b/c they pay through direct deposit however I'm having a hard time understanding why I can't use my high school id (w/ my name a pic on it), social security number, and birth certificate. People have been telling me all kinds of things, the banks closed and I;m trying to get all of this done by Monday. Please provide any and all true information please.
What are the requirements 4 opening a checking account?
hmm, you should be able to use at least your social security number or your birth certificate and open a student checking account (definitely go for a free student account, as others may charge monthly fees and have minimums you have to have in your account each month). You may have to have a joint account with your parents, if all else fails. Though, my boyfriend was able to get an account, and he's a UK citizen with no social security number or a US driver's license. So I guess it depends on the bank.
Reply:each bank has diffrent requirements just make sure you take your parent or guardian with you because they might have to be on the account with you

No comments:

Post a Comment